Tuesday, December 18, 2012

week two update

I'm into my second week of my exercise plan and trying to watch my food intake.
It hasn't been 100% perfect but I'm not disappointed either. I get out what I put in, which is showing on the scale. I only lost half a pound this week (0.2kg) which isn't worth talking about, but a loss is a loss and it isn't a gain! I did have two nights of bad eating too. Small bowls of cereal, chocolate, fruit etc that I didn't need. Still need to gain a bit more control of this emotional/boredom eating.

As for exercise I'm doing really well. I've kept up running most days of the week, running between 30-40mins now before breakfast. I am alternating upper and lower body strength workouts at the gym, going around 5 days a week. So my exercise is consistant and strong. Again, just my nibbling on food post-dinner that is letting me down.

Breakfast: 1/2cup oats, 1tbs LSA meal, 1tbs chia seeds, 1/3cup soy milk, banana
MT: fruit and nut bar or half an apple and 10 almonds
Lunch: rye wrap with spinach, capsicum, egg, sweet potato mash and tahini
AT: carrot sticks and 1 tbs hommus
Dinner: Tofu, grilled fish and steamed veggies, half cup rice.
DANGER ZONE

In effort to beat this danger zone snacking, I'm sipping on Honey Vanilla Chamomile tea. Or I might have one square of dark chocolate to look forward to.

Last night I found my self wanting dinner already at 5:30pm just out of boredom. I knew that if I ate that early I'd keep eating until bed time. So I decided to take a shower and pamper myself with a face mask, soft hair blow dry, homemade sugar, oil and honey hand scrub/treatment and paint my nails. I knew that this would distract me while making me feel pretty and clean and less likely to want to ruin myself. It was 7:15pm by the time I was done, nails dried, and I was hungry! I had a dinner including my half a bowl of rice then after some tea completed the deal with a strawberry+bicarb teeth whitening treatment haha.

This morning I went for a 40min run. I slept almost 9 hours last night so wasn't at the park until 9:30, which meant breakfast was almost at 11am! While I was full after my normal porridge breaky, I felt like I deserved more so ate a cup of cooked white rice, and some dried prawn cracker with peanut butter. This is the kinda nibbling I need to overcome! Well I certainly shouldn't be needing anything more to eat until say 3pm.

I've stuck to my Monday-ONLY weigh-ins. Was tempted to weigh myself this morning as I was feeling really good, but knew that could distrub things. I like working towards the one weigh-in.

Good luck to everyone else out there for the remainder of the week

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment